Varicose eczema occurs when blood circulates poorly in the veins (the function of bringing blood back from the periphery to the heart) and in particular in the legs.
Varicose eczema: features and symptoms
Varicose eczema usually affects the lower legs. It causes severe itching.
Varicose eczema is characterized by skin lesions’ formation, in patches or layers, on the path of varicose veins. These lesions have several characteristics:
- reddish to dark brown color;
- variable size;
- no precise boundaries.
In the affected area, the skin tends to flake and lose its elasticity. Sometimes, we also notice the appearance of small skin blisters.
This type of complication is almost inevitable in people with untreated venous insufficiency. You can cure it with varicose veins laser treatment in Mumbai.
The characteristic sign of varicose eczema is pruritus: an irrepressible urge to scratch the lesion. Sometimes intensive scratching sessions cause bleeding or scabbing. Eczema varicose is a common complication of varicose veins that affects the skin.
Causes and treatments of this eczema
Treatment of varicose eczema is combined with the treatment of varicose veins and venous insufficiency.
Varicose eczema is a direct result of blood circulation disorders due to venous insufficiency:
- Blood collects in the capillaries due to the increase in blood pressure.
- As a result, inflammation and lesions appear on the skin of the varicose area, which itches.
The repeated use of irritants can also cause varicose eczema. Varicose skin is much more fragile than skin without varicose veins.
Thus, certain harmless products can cause skin reactions.
To treat varicose eczema, its causes must first be treated: varicose veins and venous insufficiency. Indeed, removing the varicose vein in question generally makes it possible to attenuate, or even eliminate, the sensation of pruritus, which induces varicose eczema. You can avail the service of the best varicose vein doctor in Mumbai.
The varicose veins treatment in Mumbai can offer several solutions to be considered depending on the extent of eczema and varicose veins:
- wearing a compression stocking ;
- varicose vein surgery ;
- sclerotherapy of varicose veins: injection of a sclerosing product to empty the varicose vein of its blood.
- When left untreated, varicose eczema can lead to painful and dangerous sores, known as varicose ulcers.
varicose veins laser treatment
Prevention of varicose eczema
To prevent varicose eczema, there are a few simple daily actions:
- Use little soap and mild soap.
- Moisturize the skin regularly after showering or bathing.
- Avoid perfumed moisturizers (allergens and irritants).